Zurich picture moments
Can you guess where and what this is?
It is a wall in one of Zurichs nightclubs – the Gonzo. Myfriendfromzurich recently spent a funny night there.
Do you also think it’s time to dance a night away, meet new people or have a few drinks? Then, Zurich is your city! It has the highest density on nightclubs within Switzerland.
Visit one of the following clubs: Zukunft, Kauz, Helsinkiklub, Moods, Exil, Kinski, Hive, Plaza, Stall6 or of course Gonzo.
Event Tip: Pop-up exhibition DU + ICH
Have you ever ended a relationship? Did your cat die? Or did did a great friendship break apart after many years? We are pretty sure, everyone of you has gone through a sad break-up or has experienced any other kind of loss.
The girls behind DU&ICH wanted to know “what stays, when love is gone?” And they made an appeal to collect personal mementos of all kind of different people. So, the exhibition DU&ICH is not just about everyday objects. There is a special story behind every single piece. A story of friendship and love. A sad or a funny one.
The pop-up exhibition is taking place at Zum Guten Glück from Friday, 16 January until Sunday, 18 January. Please find all other details on their website or facebook-page.
Picture: Milad Ahmadvand
Enjoy the exhibition and think about the people you once loved and of all the great times you had together.
Have wonderful sparkling and relaxing Christmas holiday, friends!
We are taking a break and are back with you soon…
Where to meet for holiday drinks?
It’s dark and cold outside and the Christmas holidays are close. At this time of the year, everyone is busy seeing their friends and many people (like us) are in a festive mood. All in all: the perfect time to meet for drinks. Our top 5 places for the most delicious cocktails:
1. Dante and Grande: We already blogged about them. Definitely two of our favourite places. Dante is at Kreis 4, in the middle of Zurichs nightlife district. Grande is at the Limmatquai in the city centre.
2. Bovelli, the little brother of Dante and Grande, who opend up just recently, is worth a visit as well. Whatever drink you order, you can choose either a single or a double shot (“if you are in trouble, double”).
3. At Raygrodski ” Zurich people meet to drink, flirt and party”. The bartenders create the cocktails as if they were pieces of art and the atmosphere is very relaxed. Raygrodski is nominated for the Mixology Bar Award 2015 as bar of the year. By the way: Dante is nominated in the same category.
4. A real classic amongst the Cocktail bars in town is the Widder Bar. They offer a wide range on single malt Whiskeys and many delicious drinks. Listen to live jazz music while enjoying your drink.
5. Try something new: order all ingredients for your drink on Wemix.ch and mix it together yourself. Get them either as a 5 or 10 drinks package. What a great thing for your home party with your friends! Or book the barkeepers of wemix.ch for your party and you won’t have to worry about anything.
Zurich picture moments
Do you remember, when the Prime Tower, Switzerlands highest building, still looked like this? This picture was taken almost five years ago!
If you’re up for a view over town, the bar on the top of the Prime Tower is definitely the place to go to, even though the bar and its restaurant are a bit pricey. At the bottom of the tower, there’s the absolute stylish bar Rivington & Sons – definitely the place for strong drinks and good music!